Friday, May 5, 2017

Laugh Out Loud Funny #MFRWauthor #amwriting

This is week 18 of the Marketing for Romance Writers 52-Week Blog Challenge. Today's topic--What Makes Me Laugh Out Loud. For more information or to join, click here.

I love humor. I sometimes laugh so hard and loud, I'm doubled over attempting to catch my breath while clutching my stomach and tears run from my eyes. What makes me laugh out loud? Quite a few things actually:

Slapstick Comedy Movies. Watch this video of sample slapstick.

Romantic Comedy Movies like Pretty Woman, Bringing Down the House, The Bird Cage, Coming to America, Sweet Home Alabama and YA movies like What A Girl Wants and The Princess Diaries.

I'm showing my age, but I started with comedy by watching TV variety shows like Red Skelton and Carol Burnett as well as programs like I Love Lucy and the Beverly Hillbillies.


TV shows like 3rd Rock From the Sun. A group of aliens sent to earth, disguised as a human family, to experience life and report back to their home planet. John Lithgow is a comedic genius. I giggle days later thinking about something he did or said.  Watch him in action.


(photo: tvlistings.zap2it.com)



British comedies (remember last Friday, I admitted to being a secret Anglophile) like Keeping Up Appearances starring Patricia Routledge. A snobbish housewife is determined to climb the social ladder, in spite of her family's working class connection and the constant chagrin of her long-suffering husband.  This program, at one time, was part of the comedy line-up on Saturday nights on PBS. I watch episodes on Youtube now. My mother and I have considered pooling our money together to buy the entire collection. Watch this

                                                                                                 (photo:  www.imdb.com)                                                                                                                                                                               
My other favorite British comedy, Coupling. Six best friends talk about all aspects of sex and relationships on their never-ending quest to find true love. When a couple gets together, it's never just the two of them. They also bring baggage in the form of their friends and exes. I bought the DVD collection recently and watch them over and over again. Watch here.






(photo: www.imdb.com)


Romance Novels and Novellas. The funniest so far being Shelly Laurenston/G A Aiken's Magnus Pack & The Pride Series, Dragon Kin Series. Kerrelyn Sparks's The Love at Stake Series. Lynsay Sands's The Argeneau Series. Katie MacAlister's Aisling Gray Guardian, The Dark Ones Series, The Light Dragons Series, The Silver Dragons Series. Each line or scene that have me giggling,  I bookmark and go back over them chuckling again and again.


There you have it. Some movies, books, and TV that have me roaring with laughter. What about you? What makes you laugh out loud? Tell me below in the comments.


Be sure to check out the blogs of the authors listed below. Have a great weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews