Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Musing


Good Morning! Happy Labor Day!

Labor Day is a U.S. federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September that celebrated the economic and social contributions of workers.

Matthew Maguire, a machinist, first proposed the holiday while serving as secretary of the CLU (Central Labor Union) of New York in 1882. It became a federal holiday in 1894.
Early celebrations included a street parade, a festival and speeches by prominent men and women. The holiday is now regarded as a rest and parties.

Labor Day also marks the marks the beginning of NFL and college football seasons.

How will you spend your Labor Day?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia, I'm spending my Labor Day fitting a 30 year old mini bar refrigerator into my 55 year old travel trailer. They both still work and in two weeks I'll be enjoying real refrigeration during a weekend Vintage Trailer Rally at Lake Tahoe.
    I'm also remembering my father who died last year on Labor day, though the date last year was 9/5. Over the several years I've been restoring my trailer he couldn't physically help me but he always answered my questions and gave me advice. He was impressed with all that I've done to bring the trailer back to its original (as close to) condition of 1955. I couldn't have done it on my own if he hadn't taught me so many fix it skills through the years.
    Hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great Labor Day spending it with my dad at the hospital remembering all our time together. Glad you had a wonderful day working on your travel trailer and remembering your dad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews