Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Musing


There are fifteen days to NaNoWriMo. Their website says it is "30 days and nights of literary abandonment!" Thirty days of writing at least 1,667 words per day to meet the grueling goal of 50k words.

I've tried NaNo before and am not afraid to admit I did not reach that lofty goal of 50k words. I fell short midpoint with about 25K words. I felt good about the point I reached although I had to fight my inner editor all the way. We argued daily until I finally relented and edited. I was disgusted. She was triumphant. I have a new strategy for her this year. *rubbing hands together, snickering gleefully*


I'm told you can train yourself to do just about anything in about thirty days of constant repetition so this year I plan to gag my inner editor. I figure even though I might not win NaNo again this year, and the plan is to win, at lease my inner editor will be sufficiently trained for me to write without her constant nagging to edit and revise my work in progress.

So what about you? Will your inner editor behave? Will your muse be cooperative? All of these questions will be considered beginning November 1 and answered midnight, November 30. Are you up to the challenge of NaNo this year?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews