Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday Snippets


Welcome to Teaser Tuesday. Each Tuesday, I will post a snippet of a book from my personal bookshelf. Some books may be fiction. Some may be on the craft of writing. Here's today's selection.

Gregor glared at me. I didn't blink. This wasn't the Catherine he knew. I was Cat, and he hadn't met me before.

"Lucius," he belted out finally. "Come to me at once!"

After a few seconds, the door opened. Lucius stopped short when he saw Gregor naked on top of me and a knife sticking out of his back.

"Master?" he began. "What---?"

"Listen up, Lucius." I didn't glance away from Gregor, only seeing the other vampire from my peripheral vision. "You're going to get a speakerphone and bring it in here. Right now. You get any other ideas, and you're next to die, old pal. Got it?"

"Monsieur?"

"Do it," Gregor said silkily. He'd regained his composure. "After all, I made my wife a promise."

My lips curled at his emphasis, but that was a pissing contest for a later date.

Page 165 Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost


Here's the Blurb:


Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger

Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced...even if getting that power will result in an early grave.

Do you have this one on your bookshelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews