Friday, April 14, 2017

My Social Media Meeting Places #MFRWauthor


Hi y'all, it's week 15 of the Marketing For Romance Writer's 52-Week Blog Challenge. I've missed a couple of weeks by being caught up in other things, but now I'm back.

The subject of this week's challenge is 'Social Media Hangouts'.

This challenge is an opportunity for authors to connect with readers and each other. An opportunity to learn a little more about each other besides what's in our bios. Any author can join the challenge. Click here to find out more.

Two of my 2017 intentions is to blog more and keep my website updated. One of the ways I'm blogging more is taking part in this challenge.

I have a Facebook Author Page. While I should be using it to promote my writing, I primarily post positive quotes to keep me psyched and share posts about other authors releases. One of my 2017 intentions is to post more about my own writings on all of my social media. I've only done it once or twice this year.  Of course, I have my profile page where I hang out with family and friends, and on various FB groups.

Next is Twitter. Again, I schedule positive quotes through Hootsuite to appear on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday--the same ones posted on my FB author page. I tweet about craft blog posts and retweet promotion from other authors. I not very good at thinking of things to tweet on my own.

Instagram. Most all of my social media reflect the same things. I'm consistent that way. Positive quotes again, but I love the notion of posting photos and enjoy cruising through other pages getting ideas for posts and, one day, my own book promotion. In recent months, this account has been converted to a business account.

Pinterest is my favorite. I'd rather be on Pinterest than anywhere else. 29 boards of things/places/people I find fun and interesting plus 12 secret boards representing ideas for my future books. One of my boards is for the blogs I own and participate on. I save my posts for each blog there.

The four above are my main meeting places. There's Google Plus, Snapchat (I have no idea what to do with this one.), a YouTube channel where I watch snippets of my favorite movie scenes and music videos. Also, there's Goodreads (just a regular page since I'm not published yet, I log in books I've read and hang out in groups) and WattPad (I haven't published the short story I'm working on yet).

Well, there you have it. This is where you will find me. Where do you hang out? Let's talk about it in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews