Friday, April 21, 2017

Living My Dream, #MFRWauthor, #amwriting

Image: conniewonnie.com

Week 16 - MFRW 52 Week Challenge. This week 'My Biggest Dream in Life.'

My dream is to be a full-time writer. I've made it! Almost.

In the above comic, Connie says, "Woo Hoo! Livin' the Dream!" and then she days "Not perfectly but I keep at it." This is me. 

During my younger years, I wrote plays that family and friends acted in and wrote stories my parents and teachers liked. They saw potential and encouraged me to continue to write. But as time went by, life got in the way and writing had to take a back seat to everything else and some instances had to be hidden the back of a closet in a locked box.

After thirty years at my day job, I retired. Finally, I can write anytime and not worry about a story snippet scribbled hurriedly during lunch or breaks that may get lost in a paper shuffle. My son is an adult with his own young family. They're happy and healthy. I'm thankful. I'm not old enough for Social Security, though and I'm not published yet.  But I persevere. I study craft books, write and one day soon, I'll be published. 

What about you? What's your biggest dream? Tell me in the comments.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews