Friday, February 17, 2017

Me, Music And Writing, Oh My!--#MFRWauthor

It's week 7 of the 52-week writing prompt challenge. Today's topic: Music to write by.

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE AND JOIN THE CHALLENGE.

Music. The great ice breaker. There are no words to describe how much I love it. It plays a huge part in my daily existence. A chilled glass of wine and music are a great stress reliever, a way to soothe anger, slow a galloping pulse when something monumental happens, and calm frayed nerves after a long day at the evil day job or when stuck in  5 o'clock p.m. traffic.

Depending on the song, music helps me to write scenes, sometimes whole chapters. At times a particular song may be the music theme for the entire story. I listen to the chosen song a few times to get a bead on my character's emotions and then proceed to write. For example, the song Hello by Adele (click here to watch the video) was perfect for creating a scene in my WIP where my female character meets the man she never stopped loving years later after a painful break-up.
(College.USAToday.com)
As for listening to music while I write... it has to be classical played softly. My favorite is Fur Elise (click here to listen) by Beethoven. If it's classical, I don't run the risk of singing and dancing and then no writing is done.

What about you? Can you write and listen to music at the same time?







LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews