Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Teaser Tuesday Snippets


Welcome to Teaser Tuesday. Each Tuesday, I will post a snippet of a book from my personal bookshelf. Some books may be fiction. Some may be on the craft of writing. Here's today's selection.

"Lesson one...wait, lesson one is over. That was how to kiss. And we know you're good at that. A plus."

Jasmin drew her lips into what she hoped was a stern frown. If kissing was lesson one, then lesson two...Her body went cold. "I am not taking lessons--"

"Lesson two is how to accept a gift--and a compliment--graciously. Would you like a bite of my sandwich, gorgeous?" He pushed his plate toward her.

Page 116 Sexiest Man Alive by Diana Holquist





Here's the Blurb:




SHY NO MORE WORKSHEET NAME: JASMINE BURNS

Image the person who intimidates you. Naked.
I'm intimidated by Josh Toby, the world's biggest movie star. Who has to imagine him naked? I've seen it on a forty-foot screen.

Breathe deep.
As Josh's costume designer, I'm suppose to dress him. And undress him. Oh, and my psychic sister, Amy, who has never been wrong, named him my One True Love. Breathing is completely out of the question.

Ask for what you want.
What I want is for him to stop being so...irresistible! I want not to fall in love with a man who's stalked by the paparazzi and whose washboard abs could cut glass.

Believe you can do what needs to be done. Then do it.

So, all I have to do is believe I can resist Josh Toby. Resist those deep violet eyes, those strong, muscular arms, and the way he makes me feel like the only woman on earth. Couldn't be easier. Yeah right...

Do you have this on your bookshelf?



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delightfully fun read! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews